Our next meeting is February 13 at 7pm at the Delran Municipal Building. The public is always welcome to stop in and see how they can get involved making Delran a better place to live work and play. This photo reminds us that spring is right around the corner and we’ll be looking to spread the love in our wildflower garden.
Looking to get active in our community? Check out the Green Team meeting. We meet the second Wednesday of every month at 7pm in the Delran Township Municipal Building to discuss how we can make Delran a better place to live, work and play. Tonight we will be discussing:
Annual Report to Mayor and Council
Community Forestry Management Plan Annual Report
Tree City USA
Meeting with Riverside Green Team
Collaboration with Delran Township Schools
Inteested in becoming more involved with your community, maybe the Green Team is for you. Stop by at 7pm at the Delran Municipal Building at 7pm. This month our focus is trees and other things to make Delran a little greener. Here’s our agenda.
- Green team budget request for 2019
- Plan to finalize tree inventories
- Tree planting with 2018 funds
- Clean up with Delran High School November 19
- Delran Winter Festival December 1
- Annual Report to Mayor and Council for 2018
- Community Forestry Management Plan for 2018
- Wildflower garden
- DHS Grant application – Back to Eden Garden
- Delran Chicken Pilot
Our next meeting is September 19. We will be starting at 4pm at the Wildflower Garden. We need to remove the grass and weeds. We’d like to mow it down for the winter. After planting we will be going over to Throwbacks Bar and Grill at 6 to discuss the following items. You can meet us at the Wildflower Garden or just stop in at Throwbacks.
- Tree Inventory
- Community Calendar
- All Green Team Meeting October 4
- Little Library
- Community Yard Sale – September 29.
- Sustainable Jersey Actions for recertification in 2020
- Chicken Ordinance
The public is always welcome to attend our meetings.
The Delran Green Team will meet on August 15 at 7pm at the Delran Municipal Building on Chester Avenue. Our goal is to implement measures that make Delran a better place to live. If you’d like to help stop by our meeting and help us focus our strategies. This month we will be discussing and planning the following:
- Tree Inventories
- Arbor Day 2019 / Tree City USA application
- Ideas for collaboration with Riverside Township and Delran Schools
- Backyard Chicken Ordinance
- Wildflower Garden Maintenance
- Next steps for Actions that require Council involvement – Community Calendar, Flood Preparedness, Public Information and Community Engagement, Energy Efficiencies for Municipal Facilities
Join the Green Team for their monthly meeting 7pm at the Delran Municipal Building. Our Community Forestry Plan has been approved and we need to start implementing actions. We will also be discussing the following activities.
- Composting and Rainbarrel Workshop
- Community Yard Sale
- Little Library Update
- Sustainable Jersey Summit June 21
We’re ready to “Think Spring” and get started in our Wildflower Garden. But before we start planting, we will be meeting on April 11 at 7pm in the Delran Township Municipal Building. The public is welcome to join the meeting. Here’s our agenda for April:
Report on Community Clean up
Discussion/Planning for upcoming Events
Seedling hand outs – April 21
STEM Fair April 23
Arbor Day – April 27
Wildflower maintenance – May 9
Rain Barrel Workshop – May 19
Little Library dedication – May 19
Bulletin Board/Place for Awards and news in Municipal Building
CEU’s for Community Forestry Plan
Email blast – topics covered
Parks and Playground Tree mapping- Dates?
- Report on All Green Teams meeting – November 11
- TriCounty Sustainability Alliance – meetings/meet ups
- DRAFT Community Forestry plan – hours, comments and next steps
- DRAFT 2017 Annual Report – comments
- Scheduling with Council – recognition on awards and general information on what we’d like to do in 2018.
- 2018 Projects – identify leads and select possible dates
Here’s our agenda for October. The public is always welcome to stop by and provide input and assistance. This month we want to put together a list of projects to work on in 2018. If you decide to come but can’t find us, call – (609)304-1297.
- Discussion on Delran Community Day display
- Update on our Sustainable Jersey Application
- Update on our Community Forestry Plan
- Possible collaboration on events with the Recreation Advisory Committee (RAC)
- 2018 Projects – Green Team members recommendations
The Delran Green Team will be meeting on Wednesday September 13 at the Delran Municipal Building. Our meeting starts at 7pm. The public is welcome to join us and bring new ideas. If you can’t find us or the building is locked, call (609)304-1297.
Here’s our agenda:
Review and approve minutes from the August meeting
Update on our application for certification
Design our display for Delran Day – Backyard habitats including selection of plants
Wildflower Garden maintenance and planting of Delran Day plants on October 11