Here’s our agenda for the month. While it’s short, we’ve got a lot going on. Our meetings are open to the public. We start at 7pm on Wednesday July 10 at the Delran Municipal Building.
- Finalize plans for Delran Night Out
- Sustainable Jersey Certification Status
- Community Forestry Plan Implementation
- Sustainability on Tap
- Display wall in Delran Municipal Building
- Wildflower Garden
We will meet on June 12 at 7pm at the Delran Municipal Building. Anyone is welcome to walk in and join the discussion. This month we are focused on finalizing the details for Sustainability on Tap, which starts on June 24. We’ll also be talking about our Community Forestry Plan, Delran Night Out, other education and outreach ideas as well as possible Eagle Scout projects. Love to see a few new faces. We were lucky enough to be at Conrow Park during a drone flight. This shows the new trees we planted on Arbor Day and the new playground equipment installed this year.
Finalize Sustainability on TAP
Update on Tree City USA
Community Forestry Management Plan – Tree Inventories and Grant
Certification Status with Sustainable Jersey
Recycling resources for Website/Facebook/Delran Sun
Community Clean-up – May 15
STEM Fair – May 20
We will meet on March 13 at 7pm at the Delran Municipal Building. Anyone is welcome to walk in and join the discussion. We will be talking about several events planned for the spring and summer – including STEM fair, Sustainability on TAP, School collaboration, Tree Seedling Giveaway, Arbor Day, Education and Outreach, the Wildflower Garden, Little Libraries, and possible community garden. Hope to see some new faces.
Our next meeting is February 13 at 7pm at the Delran Municipal Building. The public is always welcome to stop in and see how they can get involved making Delran a better place to live work and play. This photo reminds us that spring is right around the corner and we’ll be looking to spread the love in our wildflower garden.
Looking to get active in our community? Check out the Green Team meeting. We meet the second Wednesday of every month at 7pm in the Delran Township Municipal Building to discuss how we can make Delran a better place to live, work and play. Tonight we will be discussing:
Annual Report to Mayor and Council
Community Forestry Management Plan Annual Report
Tree City USA
Meeting with Riverside Green Team
Collaboration with Delran Township Schools
Inteested in becoming more involved with your community, maybe the Green Team is for you. Stop by at 7pm at the Delran Municipal Building at 7pm. This month our focus is trees and other things to make Delran a little greener. Here’s our agenda.
- Green team budget request for 2019
- Plan to finalize tree inventories
- Tree planting with 2018 funds
- Clean up with Delran High School November 19
- Delran Winter Festival December 1
- Annual Report to Mayor and Council for 2018
- Community Forestry Management Plan for 2018
- Wildflower garden
- DHS Grant application – Back to Eden Garden
- Delran Chicken Pilot
Our next meeting is September 19. We will be starting at 4pm at the Wildflower Garden. We need to remove the grass and weeds. We’d like to mow it down for the winter. After planting we will be going over to Throwbacks Bar and Grill at 6 to discuss the following items. You can meet us at the Wildflower Garden or just stop in at Throwbacks.
- Tree Inventory
- Community Calendar
- All Green Team Meeting October 4
- Little Library
- Community Yard Sale – September 29.
- Sustainable Jersey Actions for recertification in 2020
- Chicken Ordinance
The public is always welcome to attend our meetings.
The Delran Green Team will meet on August 15 at 7pm at the Delran Municipal Building on Chester Avenue. Our goal is to implement measures that make Delran a better place to live. If you’d like to help stop by our meeting and help us focus our strategies. This month we will be discussing and planning the following:
- Tree Inventories
- Arbor Day 2019 / Tree City USA application
- Ideas for collaboration with Riverside Township and Delran Schools
- Backyard Chicken Ordinance
- Wildflower Garden Maintenance
- Next steps for Actions that require Council involvement – Community Calendar, Flood Preparedness, Public Information and Community Engagement, Energy Efficiencies for Municipal Facilities
Join the Green Team for their monthly meeting 7pm at the Delran Municipal Building. Our Community Forestry Plan has been approved and we need to start implementing actions. We will also be discussing the following activities.
- Composting and Rainbarrel Workshop
- Community Yard Sale
- Little Library Update
- Sustainable Jersey Summit June 21