Let’s help our Delran Intermediate School with the TREX school challenge. Save your plastic and drop off at DIS between 8am and 3pm. They are trying to beat other sleeves, cereal bags, air packing pillows (pop them first), produce wrap, and overwrap on bottled water, soda, paper towels, toilet paper. Make sure it’s clean and dry. If you’re not sure, throw in the trash. If you can’t get the bags to the school, send an email and we’ll make arrangements.
The Green Team meetings the second Wednesday of every month at the Delran Municipal Building. Stop by and see what we’re working on. Here’s what we’ll be discussing this month.
- First Day Hike
- Wildflower garden – controlled burn and spring planting
- Sustainable Jersey Grant – finalize plan to apply for Lake Lonnie project by Feb 10
- Annual Report to Mayor and Council – any final comments
- Forestry Accomplishment Report and Tree City Reports – Due February 15, 2023
- Updating our Forestry Plan
- Advertising for tree planters
- Community Solar – Thoughts?
- Outreach – beyond social media and multi languages
- Adopt a Tree impact – Emily
- Google Drive – Karen
- STEM Fair
- New actions for 2023? Ideas?
- Recycling audit at Karen’s
- Volunteer hours – https://forms.gle/HNGnrvrPuKswD5si8
Join us tonight to learn about this amazing opportunity to save money while taking steps towards cleaner, greener energy. The meeting starts at 7pm in the Delran Municipal Building (900 Chester Avenue). Community Solar is open to homeowners as well as renters. Solar panels are not installed on your roof but at another location. You reap the benefits and you can cancel at any time. If you bring your PSEG login information Solar Landscape will assist you in enrolling.
We are moving our meeting to November 16 at 7:30. Information about the agenda will be posted next week. We invite everyone to come out and see what we’re working on. The tree in the foreground was a seedling we planted in the summer of 2019. It’s looking great and almost as big as the neighboring trees.
The Delran Green Team will be meeting at 7:30 on Wednesday October 12. We will be discussing Lake Lonnie, Winterfest, Project Halloween, Sustainable Jersey, and Community Solar. Our meetings are open to the public so feel free to stop by.
Saturday October 8 is our Annual Halloween Shop in Delran Community Park. We’ve been doing this for the past four years. It get’s better every year. Costumes can be donated after Halloween or the week before. Costumes are set out for browsing. Great way to score the perfect costume. We do it to keep gently used costumes from ending up in the landfill. It’s totally free and open to all from 10am to 2pm. Remember, early bird gets the costume.
We will be meeting on Wednesday September 14 at 7:30pm at the Delran Municipal Building. We’ve got a lot of planning to do. The public is welcome to stop in and maybe there’s something you’d like to get involved with. Here’s the agenda
- Tree Planting Team
- Finish tagging trees and inventory of trees planted in 2022
- Tree City signs
- Shade Tree Federation Meeting October 13 and 14
- Hours and CEUs
Halloween FreeCycle Shop
Little Library at Conrow Park
School Green Team meeting schedule – October 3 @3:30 Online/in Person
We will be meeting at 7:30 at the Delran Municipal Building. On our agenda, Delran Night Out, Park Talks, trees, and ordinances. Everyone is welcome to get involved
Join us tonight at 7:30 to hear what we’re working on. While we put a lot of energy into planting trees and encouraging residents to plant trees, that’s not all we do. We’ll be at the Delran Municipal Building at 7:30 tonight. The public is always welcome
We will be meeting at the Delran Municipal Building at 7:30pm. Here’s a peak at our agenda.
- Delran STEM Fair
- Memorial Tree Program
- Tree Permit Implementation
- Tree Planting
- Summer Sustainability Ideas
- Tree Maintenance/Inventory Update/Tagging
- Tree City Celebration
- Accountability Measures
- Sustainable Jersey application