Wondering what to do with those grass clippings? What to do something positive for the environment? Join the Delran Green Team and learn to compost. On Sunday June 25 at 2pm at Conrow Road Park, Al Carp will demonstrate how to make a compost bin, what to compost and how to use your compost. The program is free. Bring the kids along and they’ll enjoy making and eating edible compost. We’ll have a few already made compost bins available for $8. If you’d like additional information, please send us an email.Sun
The Delran Green Team is sponsoring a Rain Barrel Workshop on May 21 at Conrow Park from 1pm to 4pm. Join us and learn how to build your very own rain barrel. Amy Loesser, our watershed ambassador will show us how to build and maintain our rain barrels. To reserve your rain barrel, please email Rochelle. We request that you bring $25 (cash) and we will bring all the materials. At the end of the day, you’ll leave with a fully functioning rain barrel. You can bring the kids and we will keep them busy with kid-friendly activities. If inclement weather, the workshop will be held in the Municipal Garage on Chester Avenue.
Rain Barrels over Delran is a water conservation project being conducted by a local girl scout as part of her Silver Award.
Here’s our agenda for May. This month we are planting our wildflower garden from 4pm to 6pm and then moving to Throwbacks Bar and Grill for our monthly meeting. The public is welcome to join us.
- Community Garden
- Sustainable Jersey Certification Application – projects due May 31
- Sunday’s in the Park for Workshops such as Rain Barrel, Composting, Grass Cut it-Leave it, chicken coop walk, Gardening, other ideas?
- Follow up action on Emerald Ash Borer
- Positive Press article for June
- Wildflower Garden Planting – May 10 @4pm
- TriCounty Sustainability Alliance – May 31 @7pm
- Sustainable Sips – June 7 – Oaklyn Manor @6pm
- Application Submittal Deadline – June 2